Thursday, November 25, 2010

Now THAT’s a Cookie!

In the movie Crocodile Dundee, a punk kid pulls a knife on Dundee and his girlfriend while trying to rob them. Dundee looks at the kid, “That’s not a knife….Now THAT’s a knife,” while he pulls out his super-sized HE-MAN hunting knife.

 
 
 
 
 
 
Levain Bakery on the Upper West Side only makes four cookies, chocolate chip walnut, dark chocolate chocolate chip, oatmeal raisin, and dark chocolate peanut butter chip.
 
The walnut pieces in the chocolate chip walnut cookie give it a nice bite of textural contrast and taste. The dark chocolate chocolate chip is like a dense smooth brownie. The oatmeal raisin is refreshing and lovely. The dark chocolate peanut butter is just a sinful delight. None of the cookies is overly sweetened and each has its own unique character that can make anybody develop an addiction.



My friend said to me, “You gotta try one of these, they are the best cookies I have ever had.” “Sure, I’ll take one of each,” telling the shop girl behind the counter. What I didn’t expect was the weight of the bag when I tried to pick it up. With each cookie weighting in at 6 oz. each, the bag was 1 ½ lbs!  I wasn’t paying attention at its bulk until I looked into the bag staring at the cookies each about the size of a fat hamburger patty…Now THAT’s a cookie! 







Levain Bakery
167 West 74th St.
New York, NY 10023
http://www.levainbakery.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment